8:00 – Registration opens
9:00 - Producer & Chairperson’s Conference Welcome
Tania Ferreira, Senior Conference Producer, Bonhill Group
Sherry Cooper, Chief Economist, Dominion Lending Centres
NAVIGATING THE EVOLVING FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
9:10 - PANEL DISCUSSION: Embracing Change & Managing Industry Disruptions
- Discussing the technological, social and regulatory disruptors in the finance services industry
- How has the era of digitalisation influenced internal processes and client services?
- How have customer demands and customer journeys changed in the last 3 years?
- Analysing regulatory change – the regulations that impact your sector and your clients
- Predictions: Which disruptors will have the largest impact on the industry in the coming years?
Joanne Modugno, Director, Banking Sales, Fraedom
Zemfira Khisaeva, Vice President, Technology and Enterprise Strategy, Scotiabank
Michele Poole, Global Head of Customer Experience, Buckzy Payments
Mahima Poddar, Senior Vice President, Digital Banking and Strategy, Equitable Bank
Reena Chaudhary, Partner, R&G Advisory
9:50 - FIRESIDE CHAT: Open Banking: What, Why & When?
- Understanding open banking
- Reviewing case study examples i.e. UK & Australia
- Bank specific vs open data sharing
- Highlighting the risks and opportunities
- What is the way forward for the Canadian financial services industry?
Paula Pereira, Partner, PwC
Daniel Eberhard, CEO, Koho
Alexandra Nuth, Managing Director, Brightside by ATB Financial
EMBRACING THE TECH REVOLUTION
10:20 - FIRESIDE CHAT: Tech-Enabled Market Challengers
- What is the state of the banking sector today?
- What new technologies are being adopted? Where and how are they being applied?
- Discussing the growing surge of independent banks and their offerings
- Looking ahead: What will the banking sector look like in the next 3 years?
Preeti Malik, FinTech Product Founder
Elisabeth Laett, VP Business Development, Exagens
Jennifer McDonald, COO, Mylo Financial Technologies
10:50 - FACILITATED Q&A: Managing ‘The AI Bias’ Challenge
- Why AI bias is a concern for all financial sectors
- Where are the biggest risks and how are new technologies developing/hindering progress?
- What should companies’ lookout for?
To Anh Tran, Senior Digital Executive Advisor, TAT Strategic Management Consulting
Ashley Casovan, Executive Director, AI Global
Keren Moynihan, Co-Founder, Boss Insights
11:20 – Morning Break & Speed Networking
SOCIAL & RESPONSIBLE FINANCE
12:00 - PRESENTATION: Where Does Canada Sit?
- How advanced are we with regards to social and responsible efforts vs global markets
- Understanding the social concerns and opportunities
- How much are investment patterns evolving and becoming more ‘responsibly’ driven?
Bridget Zhang, Manager, SVX
12:20 - IMPACT TALK: Taking Impact a Step Forward
- How easy is it to invest for good?
- Discussing the growing importance of the impact lens
- Mapping clients’ interests along the impact curve
- Success stories in portfolio management
Alessia Falsarone, Head of Sustainable Investing DM, PineBridge Investments
INVESTING IN FEMALE LEAD PROPOSITIONS
12:35 - PRESENTATION: Financing Women
- What are investors looking for in potential business opportunities? How has this criteria changed
over the last 10 years?
- Why is only 2% of investment funds being invested in female entrepreneurs?
Amanda Parker, Director of Innovation, FundThrough
12:55 - LIGHTNING TALKS: Female Founders
- What are we looking for in company founders and potential business partners today?
- What does it take to get to the top?
- Identifying the barriers, what needs to change and how to do it?
- How can associations, governing bodies and alliances support greater change?
Kari Chaudhry, CEO, The Atlantic Society
Sophia Ruffolo, Founder & CEO, femmebought
Mary Throop, Founding Partner, Summerhill Capital Management
Christina Camacho, Founder & CEO, IvyLender
13:30 – Networking Lunch
INVESTING IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
14:20 - MASTERCLASS: Making the Most Out of Your Network
- How to capitalize on the resources that are at our fingertips – from colleagues, to friends and family to the one contact that can double your network
- The Linkedin Effect – how to utilize the platform to advance your professional career
- How to become the mentor you look for in others
- Finding your tribe and learning how to nurture it
- Networking for the more introverted
Sharon Zohar, Founder & CEO, The Big Push
15:00 - PANEL DISCUSSION: Being a Leader from Start to Finish in your Financial Career
- Speaking the language of a leader – what does this mean?
- Comparing various leadership styles – strengths and weaknesses
- How to lead effectively and be you
- It’s not just about IQ, you also need an Emotional Quotient (EQ) – overcoming your own unconscious bias and getting to the top
Julia Kassam, Managing Director, CIBC Innovation Banking
Michelle Joliat, Managing Director and Head, Wealth Digitization, Robotics & Process Transformation, BMO Financial Group
Michelle McBane, Managing Director, StandUp Ventures
Tara Kennedy, Head of Trading, Wealthsimple
Rebecca Peacock, Co-Head RBC InvestEase, RBC
THE NEW WORLD OF FINANCE – THE FUTURE WORKFORCE
15:45 - THINK TANK: Making Finance Sexy to Future Talent Pools
- Discussing the diversity of the current talent pool
- How do issues of inclusivity affect the industry – beyond gender?
- How do we bring the diverse workforce into the financial sector?
- How can institutions better welcome and cater to varied, talented employees?
- Live Q&A on career changing into, out of and within financial services
Kari Chaudhry, CEO, The Atlantic Society
16:25 - SUMMIT ROUND-UP: Your Pledge for Improvement
- Discussing the key takeaways from this year’s summit
- What topics would you like to hear about at WIF 2020
- Tweet your pledge: Making your pledge for change
- Given the content and insights shared, attendees are asked to pledge what they will implement and/or take back to their business
16:30 – End of Conference
WOMEN IN FINANCE 2019 AWARDS
19:00 – Champagne Reception
19:30 – Welcome and Keynote Addresses
To book your place or table, please click here